The organ is a large 3-manual instrument with 41 speaking stops and 2,108 pipes.
It was originally built by Norman and Beard in 1897, with 6 more stops being added in 1908. No alterations were made until 1970 when the instrument was rebuilt and modernised by Brian Bunting.
A project to clean and repair this fine organ was undertaken in 1994 by Peter Wood.
A major overhaul of the organ has been completed by Nicholson’s of Worcester and the instrument was re-dedicated by the Archdeacon of Southend on 18th September 2011.
We are currently recruiting for Organ Scholars, please contact us for more details about this exciting opportunity.